Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Feeling Like a Runner

Late last week, I took a bit of a risk and ran for a longer distance...8 minutes. WOOHOO! It felt really good. The day was warm and I was in shorts, and I even begin to feel like a runner.

The next day, I decided to push things and determined to run for a full 30 minutes. The Achilles actually felt great. The rest of my body hurt (I need an adjustment really badly). The following day was 40 minutes.

I can't tell you how good it feels to actually be out running...in shorts...on the trails. Tomorrow is my first run with someone else (excluding the jogging I did with my 11 year old son). I am giddy like a school girl.

I wish I could say I am completely pain free, but that is not yet the case. I pushed things pretty hard in the gym yesterday and really worked the balance work. I find that this catches up to me. While it is lots of fun standing on Bosa balls and catching rebound balls, it does push my ankle around.

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear you're back out there, and hope your recovery continues to go well!

    ReplyDelete